Open Application period for Fulltime and Part-time Lateral Firefighter/EMT/Paramedics. Monthly hiring assessments occur on the second Thursday of each month. Application may be submitted at any time. To be eligible for testing all Applications and minimum requirement documentation must be processed. An invitation to test will come from Human Resources after initial screening of application.
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Seasonal Wildland Fire
DFPD is currently taking applications for the following Wildland Firefighter positions for the 2021 fire season:
- Engine Boss/Crew Boss (approx. $23.17/hr.)
- Engine Operator (approx. $20.79/hr.)
- Lead Wildland Firefighter (approx.. $18.58/hr.)
- Entry Level Wildland Firefighter (approx. $16.55/hr.)
DFPD’s wildland crew is responsible for providing initial attack to a 325 square mile district with significant WUI (Wildland Urban Interface) and complex fuel/topography ranging from high desert to mixed conifer forests. DFPD works closely with Federal & State partners (USFS, BIA, BLM, DFPC) in all aspects of firefighting. Interagency cooperation and cross training is exhibited daily within the dispatch area.
Wildland crew members work on either an engine or suppression module with a rotation of local coverage and national assignments. DFPD has the capability to staff several engines and/or hand crews based on needs and conditions. Crew members report to an Engine Boss and Engine Bosses report to the Wildland Coordinator.
The positions are seasonal, hourly, non-exempt shift positions without benefits. Regardless of fire conditions, employees will work a minimum 40-hour week and be expected to work overtime as needed. Positions are for local or national response. Prospective employees can indicate whether they would like to stay local or be available for national assignment.
Prevention and Code Enforcement Division
Fire Inspector qualifications to apply:
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable by the District’s insurance provider
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Hourly rate range is $27.84 – $32.79 per hour and is subject to experience and certification level.
Plans Reviewer qualifications to apply:
- Current International Code Council Fire Inspector I
- Current International Code Council Plan Reviewer
- An Associate’s Degree and/or 3 years with the fire service or background in a code enforcement field
- Engineering or Architectural experience and/or training may substitute for ICC certifications.
- Hourly rate range is $30.77 – $34.62 per hour and is subject to experience and certification level.
To be considered for the interview process the following items are due no later than: Friday, April 30th, 2021 at NOON MDT.
- Cover letter detailing your abilities and skills pertaining to this job
- Application for Employment – all sections completed
Completed application packets may be returned either in person to Megan or electronically to email@example.com.
The hiring process will consist of an interview and written test. Interviews and testing will be scheduled later.
Inter-Facility Transport EMT/Paramedic
Megan Kunch, Human Resource Administrator
142 Sheppard Dr., Durango, CO 81303