ISO’s Public Protection Classification (PPC™) Program
To help establish appropriate fire insurance premiums for residential and commercial properties, insurance companies need reliable, up-to-date information about a community’s fire-protection services. ISO provides that What is ISO?
Insurance Services Office (ISO) collects information on fire-protection efforts in communities throughout the United States. In each of those communities, ISO analyzes the relevant data using a Fire Suppression Rating Schedule (FSRS). They then assign a Public Protection Classification from 1 to 10. Class 1 represents superior fire protection, and Class 10 indicates that the area’s fire protection doesn’t meet ISO’s minimum criteria.
What is Durango Fire Protection District’s ISO Classification?
How did we rate according to the Fire Suppression Rating Schedule?
- Credit for Emergency Reporting
- Credit for Telecommunications
- Credit for Dispatch Circuits
- Credit for Engine Companies
- Credit for Reserve Pumpers
- Credit for Pump Capacity
- Credit for Ladder Service
- Credit for Reserve Ladder/Service Trucks
- Credit for Deployment Analysis
- Credit for Company Personnel
- Credit for Training
- Credit for Operational Considerations
- Credit for Supply System
- Credit for Hydrants
- Credit for inspection and flow testing
- Community Risk Reduction