Durango Fire Protection District is a special district as defined by state of Colorado that protects the citizens and guests of the City of Durango and portions of La Plata County. The Construction and Development section of the Fire Prevention Bureau (FPB) is responsible for plan reviews, permits and inspections for new and tenant improvement construction for the District.
Adopted Fire Code
Durango Fire Protection District has adopted the fire codes listed below.
|Jurisdiction||Adopted Code||Appendices Adopted||Other Amendments|
|City of Durango||12 003 IFC||B, C, E, F, and G||2015 IFC Durango Adoption|
|La Plata County||12 003 IFC||B, C, E, F, and G||2003 IFC LPC Adoption
Submitting Construction and Life Safety System Plans
- Plans shall be submitted to the Fire District at the same time plans are submitted to the building department for simultaneous review.
- Construction reviews are typically completed within 14 days of a complete submittal. A complete set includes drawings, specifications, application, and fee. See application form for additional information.
- Special system reviews such as automatic fire sprinkler system, fire alarm system, hood suppression system, emergency responder radio systems, etc. are typically completed within 21 days of a complete submittal. A complete submittal includes drawings, specifications, application, and fee. See application form for additional information.
- The application form can be accessed by selecting one of the options below:
- Application – Fire Alarm Plan Review
- Application – Suppression System Plan Review
- Application – Hood Suppression System Plan Review
- Application – Fire Code Plan Review
- Application – Modification or Variance of Fire Code
- Plans shall be submitted electronically in PDF format through email, thumb drive or a link approved by the District.
Status of Your Project
To view the status of your project, please click here.
- Contractor List – Elevator
- Contractor List – Fire Alarm
- Contractor List – Fire Extinguisher
- Contractor List – Fire Mitigation
- Contractor List – Fire Sprinkler
- Contractor List – Gas Detection
- Contractor List – Hood Cleaning
- Contractor List – Hood Suppression
- Fire Watch Procedures
- Knox Box Requirements