Durango Fire Protection District (DFPD) hosts a new class of recruits every year. Whether you want to serve your community as a volunteer or are looking to make a career out of the fire service, the volunteer division is a good place to start.
- Live Within DFPD’s Response District
- High School Diploma
- CO Drivers License
- Attend a Volunteer Information Meeting the first Monday or Thursday of these months
- Spend time with career and volunteer crews through observation of training and call response
- Obtain clearance from a medical physical and background check
Initial Medical Training: November-December
- Learn DFPD’s protocols and equipment through a combination of hands on and remote learning
Initial Fire Training: February-June
- Structure Fire
- Wildland Fire
- HazMat Response
Recruit Graduation: June
- Once the initial year of training is completed volunteer members are encouraged to engage via call response, engine/ambulance staffing, and continuing education.
If you are interested in volunteering and have additional questions contact our volunteer coordinator Chris Berger at (970) 382-6007.